1 loaf stale French bread
1 ½ cups unsweetened nondairy creamer
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
Strawberries for topping
SWEET CREAM STUFFING
16 ounces firm tofu
3 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons vanilla
1 tablespoon olive oil
Pinch of sea salt
1. Start this recipe by making your cream for the “stuffing”. Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until mixture is smooth and creamy. Transfer mixture to bowl, cover and refrigerate.
2. Take your stale French bread and cut 4 bread slices about 2 ½ inches each piece. Now cut the bread in the middle to make a slit, but do not cut all the way through. Each piece should be a pocket.
3. Mix the non-dairy creamer, cinnamon, nutmeg in a shallow bowl. One by one, place the slices into the mix and make sure each one is covered on both sides.
4. Over medium heat in nonstick skillet, place bread in skillet and cook until crispy and brown, about 5-7 minutes. Turn over and repeat on the other side.
5. Remove French toast and place on a plate. Now the fun part! Open the slit and add sweet tofu cream to the French toast and top with sliced strawberries and powdered sugar. You don’t have to do as I do BUT….I like to add syrup to this already rich pile of deliciousness, hey it’s the fat girl in me. ENJOY!!